Thursday, September 2, 2010

Magnificent Mermaid Thursday!

Welcome to Magnificent Mermaid Thursday!  

I'd like to introduce you to Marilyn today.
She’s married, has three kids and lives in Montreal, Quebec Canada.   
Marilyn has two grandchildren, Owen 2 and Keiran 10.

When I asked her what got her into stamping she told me she'd wanted to make her own Christmas cards.  Her favorite embellishment is ribbon because she loves the look it gives her cards.

I asked what her favorite Michelle Perkett Studio stamp is and she couldn’t decide on just one, she loves them all.  I think that would be my answer too!   Marilyn’s stamping style is crisp and clean with a generous amount of embellishments.  Her favorite part of stamping is putting her project together.  When she’s not making cards she really enjoys making boxes. 

Marilyn had a featured project in Card Making and Papercrafts UK, it was a bag that she made with one of their templates and she used their instructions for hand made beads.  Her favorite coloring medium is Copic markers, she hasn’t tried pencils yet and she just started coloring with the Photoshop Elements computer program. 

When I asked her about her blog Marilyn's Cards & More she told me, “It's mostly stamping, but you will also find recipes, Christmas ornaments, and sometimes stories about my family."

I hope you enjoyed getting to know Marilyn a little better as much as I have,
to see more of her wonderful art work please visit her blog Marilyn's Cards & More.

I'd also like to remind you that we have a fun challenge going on here called Hang On To Summer Fun, you have plenty of time to make a summer card and enter to win a $10.00 shopping spree at Michelle's Etsy store!  The winner will be drawn Monday, September 6, 2010 at 5:00 PM MST. 

4 comments:

  1. Hi Marilyn,

    Thanks for being in the team with us! You are such a lovely member and wonderful and creative woman!
    I'm glad that I got to know you better!
    Hugs

    ReplyDelete
  2. Nice to get to know more about you. Your card is beautiful.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Marilyn,lovely to know a little more about you.Your card is beautiful, you are such a talented lady
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Its so nice to read all about you Marilyn! I love your clean and crisp cardmaking style, you are a wonderful addition to our "Magnificant Mermaids!"

    Thank you Marion for another lovely post!:)

    ReplyDelete