Saturday, September 18, 2010

Spotlight Saturday!

Spotlight Saturday:
Remember our Heroes!

Today I'm going to be a bit personal today and I hope you don't mind.

My Dad was in the Army and during that time he had a terrible accident with a shell bomb...
And ever since he is handicapped and traumatized from it. But even then our Rock to lean on!

 But my dear Dad is taken to the hospital on last Monday. And suddenly we realized that the Strong Rock we all rely on isn't as strong as we thought.

Now you wonder why I tell you all this.... 

Well, there are many men and boys all over the world that became handicapped or traumatized by any war or peace operation.
We see them every day and we easily forget their trauma or pain. 
I want to ask you to be more aware of this and just sent a card to a family member or acquaintance from who you know was in the Military and pay them a tribute with a card or project. Let's remember the veterans too!!!

And even now the American and Dutch boys are trying to get peace overseas.
 And I'm so glad and proud that 
this weeks challenge is dedicated to:



And I want to invoke all you creative and crafty people to join our CHALLENGE
and go to
and sent as many cards as you can to the shippers that can be found on their site.

They are requesting Christmas Cards, Thinking of you cards, Miss you cards.
Window Fairy
Hugged 


So let's get together and make sure that we pay a tribute at the men and boys out there...
and let them know that we appreciate what they are doing and that we think of them and pray that they will come home save!

Thanks for reading this and I hope that you all make a contribution to
Operation Write Home and our Challenge!

With love
Marion
(with thanks to Michelle Perkett) 

7 comments:

  1. Michelle, I'[m so sorry about your dad. I understand what you are going through as my dad is in the same condition. He is now 85, and I'm not sure if he will ever be able to come home. For him it want' injuries from the war, just old age and disease creeping in.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Michelle, what a beautiful and tragic story about your dad. Thank him for me and give him a get well hug. I'm so sorry you are experiencing this. I have a veteran neighbor that has been mentally traumatized from his days in the military. Most people avoid him but my husband and I always make a point to stop and see if he needs anything and take him a little something now and then. On veterans day we ALWAYS go see him and thank him for what he went through. You're right so many forget those that came before and those that suffer every day now. We can't forget. You and your father will be in my prayers. God Bless.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you ladies for your lovely comment, it is actually Marion's Dad who is in the hospital so I hope you will all remember Marion and her Dad in your prayers.

    Marion, I have you and your Dad in my thoughts and I hope he will be able to come home soon. Thank you for such a beautiful and heartfelt post, your words and all of the cards are so wonderful as always! Thank you!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Girls, your cards are so gorgeous as always!! I hope you will all join us and help cards for our troops! They need our support!!:)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Marion, thanks for sharing your story. My prayers are with your Dad.
    Many of us are fortunate enough not to know the pain of war. But when someone close to you has suffered through it, you begin to truly appreciate what our service men & women have sacrificed!
    Hugs, Shelley

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love supporting OWH! The cards are beautiful. My thoughts are with you Marion.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I hope there's some improvement in your dad's condition now Marion.
    I admire the way you all respect and honour your veterans in the USA. Here in the UK they are treated so badly by our goverment, and get forgotten. Luckily there are still many people who remember and are grateful for all they went through.

    Your dad is in my thoughts Marion.

    Julie W x

    ReplyDelete