Saturday, March 12, 2011

Getting to know the new members...

This week I want to let the new girls tell a little about themselves....
This way you all get to know them a little bit better.

The team is a real international group now. And I have to say that reading this little notes about their personal really gave me the idea that I know them a little better.
I sure hope that this goes for you too.
Enjoy the little life stories of:


Irene:
Hi, I'm Irene. I love Michelle Perkett’s digital stamps and I’m thrilled to be part of this fantastic design team! I live in northern California with my wonderful husband and our "fur children." I write the local and national scrapbooking columns at Examiner.com. My mom and I offer free card-making and craft project events through our charity, Scrapbooking Together. I enjoy scrapbooking, card-making, hiking, traveling and everything Disney.
~~~~~

Elenor
My name is Elenor and I live in UmeƄ, a town in the north of Sweden!
I work with disabled teens at a high school and it's an interesting and fun job!
My free time is mostly spent crafting: making cards, LO's, altering things and
trying out new techniques! =) I've also began to make things with wire, a new hobby of mine! Otherwise I love to go dancing, baking, biking and take photo's!
Looking forward to be one of Michelle's mermaids and getting to know everyone else on the team!
~~~~~~

Sharon
I’m Sharon and I live “Down Under” in South Australia! I’m 40 something LOL and I am married with 2 teenage daughters, 3 dogs and 2 cats! My husband and I own our own Turf Management Business so I work outdoors come rain, hail or shine and more often than not have grease under my fingernails from operating and maintaining machinery!!! But when I’m not working on turf I am in my little office/craft room creating! I love to make absolutely anything including cards, boxes, bags, jewelry, art dolls, mini books and I love all styles including vintage, arty, asian, sassy, modern, traditional, semi cute, collage, altered art etc. etc. Anything goes with me! I also like to sew so I try to incorporate my digi stamps into some form of a fabric creation when I have a chance. I have been stamping/crafting for over 20 years – would you believe I made my own 21st Birthday Invitations and I also used to run my own Wedding Invitation Business from home and via the Internet! I’m looking forward to working with Michelle’s Designs.
~~~~~~

Jenn
Hi!  My name is Jenn and I am sooooo excited to be a member of Michelle's design team!!!  This is my first design team experience and I am just so thrilled to be a part of such a fabulous group!  I've been a fan of Michelle & her artwork for quite some time now.  A little about me - I am 39 years old, my husband Jeremy and I have 2 children.  Our son Trevor is 17, has Asperger's, and graduates from high school this year.  Our daughter Cassidy will be 16 next month - she's in 10th grade.  We live in Worcester, Massachusetts.  I have been stamping and making cards since 2002.  I just signed on as a staff member of Scrapbook News & Review magazine, an exciting work-from-home opportunity that I was thrilled to get!  Some of the other things I enjoy are reading (Stephen King is my favorite author), writing, genealogy, photography, and surfing the Internet.  I love bright things, colors and clothes and jewelry... I like funky, gothic, unique stuff.  I love the peace sign and stuff from the '60's and '70's.  I love to blog, and I try to do so daily.  I'm a little bit addicted to Facebook.  My family and friends mean the world to me - I consider my friends the family I've chosen for myself.  I have a sister who is one year and 3 days younger than me, we grew up like twins and besides my husband, she is my best friend in the world.   I really do consider my husband my best friend, we get along really well and have a lot of fun together.  
~~~~~



Karen
I am 54 1/2 years old, and have been stamping for 15 years.
I am happily married with 5 cats and a dog.
Don't be surprised to see a pet hair embellishment on my cards.
I found Michelle Perkett when she designed several stamp sets for The Angel Company.
Her images were so lovely, and charming, with heartfelt sentiments.
When I found she did digital designs...I was converted.
I havent given up my rubber stanps. I do both.
 I appreciate the "soulfullness" of her images, and hope you feel that through my creations 

~~~~

Wendy
I'm Wendy P, 53 years young.
I am a New Zealander, living in a small outback town called Tennant Creek
in the Northern Territory of Australia with my husband.
I love creating with anything papercraft related - including ATCs, digital stamps, rubber stamping, cardmaking, scrapbooking, art journalling and altered books/art.
I also enjoy knitting and cross stitch.
I am a Kaszazz consultant, selling craft products by party plan & I teach workshops and demos.
and in my SPARE time, I do minimal housework.


~~~~~

I hope you got to know them a little bit better... during the coming weeks you sure are going to love their work. They are working very hard to prepare all the cards to inspire you all.

Have a great weekend!
Hugs
xxx

11 comments:

  1. Wow great post, how lovely to find out a little more about our new mermaids!
    Claire xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Love being a part of this great team! :)
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. It's great to get to know you all a little better.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What an awesome post, Marion, thank you for this! So much fun to read all about our new mermaids and to get to know you all better! Welcome to Michelle Perkett Studio ladies! you are all so amazing and talented and we are proud to have you as a part of our team!:)

    Hugs,

    Michelle

    ReplyDelete
  5. Such a fun group! I'm happy to get to know all of the members!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Lovely to get to know a little about people, makes them real people instead of just a name! Good luck in your new DT posts girls! Hugs, Ali x

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for the welcome - and it is great to read a little bit about everyone!!

    ReplyDelete
  8. We are a diverse group, with a common love for MPS designs!

    ReplyDelete
  9. It is awesome to read so much about you all! I love that we are all over the world sharing the same love of crafts!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Nice to meet everyone and know more about you! A huge welcome to the team!!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Quite the diversity! Amazing how small this great big world can be, Congrats to all of you on your new "mermaid" status!

    ReplyDelete